College research paper topics
COLLEGE RESEARCH PAPER TOPICS
Writing a research paper in college is quite an ambitious effort because the pressure of influencing the professor and gaining good grades is up on the shoulders of every student. Many universities assign topics for students to work on but mostly the students are free to choose a topic on their own. This is more of a hassle since it is indeed challenging to write on any topic and hoping it to be to the liking of the authorities.
College research paper topics are mainly on contemporary issues if the subject is one of continuous change like politics or science. For subjects like English or History, the research paper topics for college students are mainly the present implications of past events or the relevance of past theories in the modern times. Research paper ideas for college are available all over the internet and as well as in many handbooks or suggestions books. Even the key points are sometimes mentioned to guide the student on how to go about structuring and writing the paper. Below are some interesting research paper topics for college:
- Globalisation and economic inequality- Students’ perception of globalization, the adverse effects, how does it work, role of developed and developing countries, hegemonic behaviour of advanced countries, cultural imperialism, gap between rich and poor, what can be done, what is being done, futurity of globalisation.
- Importance of zoos- Being a debatable topic, it needs to be dealt differently by different students. Tourist attractions, harmful for animals, endangered animals are preserved, source of revenue for the government, heritage of the country, what are the steps that can be taken to reduce the adverse effects.
- Surrogacy- What is surrogacy, when can it be employed, who are the surrogate mothers, is it ethical, modern acceptance of surrogacy, harmful side effects, mental strength of the surrogate mothers, is it fair, own perception.
- Gay rights- Marginalized society, LGBT community, should they be given separate rights, should they be treated differently, how different are they, gay marriages, legality of being a gay, treatment towards them, change in the society, past and modern times, future prospects.
- Advertisements- Importance of advertisements, cause of advertisements, competition among companies, harmful effects of advertising, question of ethics, false information, advertisement censorship, controversial advertisements and discriminating advertisements, types of advertisements, past and present scenario, where is it leading to?
The above college research paper topic ideas can be framed and worked up on according to the perspective of the students. Each of them can be an argumentative paper and the issue need to be addressed as per the views of the author. A research paper has no bounds. With proper data and examples, any topic can be made interesting and any debate can be made to sound convincing. The student should make use of the resources available to him to conduct a thorough research of the topic and then substantiate his points with valid information without forgetting to mention all sources and references.
Research paper topics for college are usually on a subject being taught and within the bounds of the student to work on them. A graduate student will not be expected to write a paper on dynamics of astrophysics or even the Existentialism of Sarte. The topics are student-friendly and within the scope of him to write. They are mostly an extension of a topic from the syllabi and are assigned for the student to gather a bit of an extra knowledge about the topic. Even while choosing a topic, the students must realize this and not be over-enthusiastic and work on something beyond their scope just to impress and finally get lost amidst the vast data.