MLA title page
Art and liberal students should be quite familiar with the modern language association style. This is the style they use when coming up with their papers. For students undertaking scientific papers it is the other way round. Ask them what an MLA format is and they will stare at you blankly. However what is important is that students use the right formats with the right papers. The rules and guidelines of each are very different.
Let’s have a look at the general guidelines that students follow in MLA format.
- Use of double-space throughout the text along with times new roman font. The font size is 12 pt.
- When typing your paper on a computer, print it on a standard size 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
- Margins of your document should be 1 inch on from all the sides.
- It's important to use single spacing after periods and/or other punctuation marks.
- Create a header and number for all pages consecutively in the upper right-hand corner. It should be one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin.
- The first line of each paragraph should be set to one half-inch from the left side or margin. Just use the Tab to complete this task.
- Titles of longer works should be printed in italics.
The above are the general guidelines you must adhere to before focusing on specific pages. Once you have memorized this, formatting your title page and reference comes next.
MLA title page
Students will only be required to make a title page when instructed by their professor. Otherwise when it is not stated, a title page is not necessary.
MLA title page format
Your MLA title page should contain the following details:
- Your name
- Instructors name
- The course and the date
Important things to observe
- The rule of double spacing still must be adhered to.
- No underlining or italicization is allowed.
- You are only required to write your topic in title case and center it.
Steps to writing a title page in MLA
- On your clear white page, write the title third way down
- Leave 2-3 lines then write your name
- Again leave 2-3 lines then write your course information
- Write your instructors name then finish with the date.
Writing a MLA title format will only take you a few minutes. It is not something you should dwell on.
Examples of title page in MLA
How abnormal disorders occur in humans
Dr. Thomas Shylock
October 7, 2010
The above is a very simple illustration to guide you when coming up with your title page. As much as it is short, failure to write it may make you get lower marks than expected. Professors want a paper that is formatted starting from the title page up to the reference section. Never ignore it even if it is very short. All students undertaking arts are in a better position to explain the importance of MLA formatting style. If you need more information on MLA title page, the word to search is MLA title format.